Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

ATRA Conference Highly Successful

You may have already read comments from Mike Sutherland and Marieke VanPuymbroeck to the October 3rd post "How was Reno?" Both Mike and Marieke attended in Reno and had very positive things to say about the ATRA Conference. You may want to go to the "How was Reno?" post to read their comments.

Yesterday I received an email message from Mary Ann Aquadro who also attended the ATRA Conference in Reno. She remarked that the attendance at the recent ATRA Conference far exceeded expectations and "I must say that there was a tremendous amount of excitement and energy in Reno."

This is good news for ATRA and the profession. Next year's ATRA Conference will be held in Minneapolis and the 2010 ATRA Conference in Spokane. I've attended past ATRA meetings in Minneapolis and Spokane. Both are great cities to visit and in which to hold the ATRA Conference.

While Minneapolis is in the middle part of the USA, it is pretty far North and a very long drive for most RTs. I still would like for ATRA to hold its Annual Conferences closer to the majority of RTs who traditionally have lived and worked in the Midwest and near South. That is why I have suggested that ATRA hold its Annual Conference in the midcontinent every-other-year. How about an ATRA Conference in Cincinnati, Louisville, St. Louis, Nashville or some other city in the Midwest or near South!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home