Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

ATRA Offers Lifetime Advocate Membership

I just received information from ATRA regarding an innovative approach to membership. Members may become "lifetime members" of ATRA for $1000.00, plus a $25 annual maintenance fee. Thus a member will become an ATRA Lifetime Advocate.

This seems like a great idea for all. The promotion should bring in revenue to ATRA at a time it is badly needed and members who become Lifetime Advocates can display a commitment to their national organization and their profession.

I should warn you that when I attempted to print the initial information ATRA sent out that the information didn't fit on the printed page and the form at the bottom printed out too dark to use. Perhaps ATRA will revise the form to make it more "printer friendly."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home