Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

RT and Online Videos

I recently ran across a couple of websites that contain online videos related to health. One is out of Stanford University and the other is from the University of Maryland.

Stanford Health Living has free online videos on a number of topics including exercise programs for those with cancer and stress and coping. The address is http://healthlibrary.stanford.edu/resources/videos.html

The University of Maryland Medical Center Video Library has online videos on topics such as addiction and AIDS/HIV. The address is http://www.umm.edu/videos/

I'm sure there are other good health-related websites with online videos. If you know of any, you may wish to comment so others can access those videos.

It is my hope that Indiana University will offer the Recreation Therapy Videos (RTV) on a website. That would be a wonderful resource for RTs, RT educators and students, and the public in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home