Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Groups Book

I recently ran across a book that should be of interest to RTs who work with groups. It is Small Groups in Counseling and Therapy: Process and Leadership now in its 4th edition. The author is Barbara W. Posthuma. This edition was published by Allyn and Bacon in 2002.

I plan to cite information from Posthuma's book in the 6th edition of my Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques book. But those wishing detailed information on group practice should read Small Groups in Counseling and Therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home