Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Good Friend George Patrick to Retire

I just received an announcement that colleagues at the National Institute of Mental Health will be hosting a retirement reception for Dr. George Patrick on June 22, 2006. George has been a leader in the profession and the Director of Recreation Therapy for NIMH for a number of years. He has been a good personal friend to me and a good friend to our profession.

I am sure I speak for the field in expressing appreciation to George for his outstanding contributions to the profession. His professional leadership will be missed. But I'm sure George will enjoy the next chapter of his life -- which should include some university teaching and a lot of golf. Best of success in retirement, George!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home