Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Self-Message Resource for RTs

Self-message is a facilitation technique that I cover in my book Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques (5th edition). Because self-message can be used to reduce stress and provide relief from everyday ailments, it is a wonderful still to teach clients.

While recently in London (carrying the bags of my wife who was speaking at the Royal Society of Medicine), I found a book on self-message that would be a great resource for RTs. The book is A Practical Guide to Self-Message and is authored by Mary Atkinson. It was published in 2005 by Cico Books of London. I'll certainly cite the book when I write the 6th edition of Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques but I thought it would be good to let others know of my "find."

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Watson said...

Our goal is to improve your life by restoring form, function, and confidence to your smile, and we know that is best achieved through personal, genuine care. In every treatment we provide and in the way you are treated by our caring staff, you will quickly see that we always have your best interests at heart. dental discount plans ct

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home