Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Self-Message Resource for RTs

Self-message is a facilitation technique that I cover in my book Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques (5th edition). Because self-message can be used to reduce stress and provide relief from everyday ailments, it is a wonderful still to teach clients.

While recently in London (carrying the bags of my wife who was speaking at the Royal Society of Medicine), I found a book on self-message that would be a great resource for RTs. The book is A Practical Guide to Self-Message and is authored by Mary Atkinson. It was published in 2005 by Cico Books of London. I'll certainly cite the book when I write the 6th edition of Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques but I thought it would be good to let others know of my "find."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home