Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Thanks Charlie!

Charlie Dixon just distributed the April issue of his web-based "Therapeutic Recreation Directory Newsletter." I'd like to express my appreciation to Charlie for inviting his readers to check out the RT Blog. Charlie is also to be commended for his promotion of ATRA's Recreational Therapy Medicare Project in the same issue of the Newsletter. The Project is something that all RTs should support.

We all owe Charlie Dixon a debt of gratitude for having the foresight to establish the RT/TR Directory and for maintaining it so well for a number of years. If you haven't looked over the RT/TR Directory, you should. The address is http://www.recreationtherapy.com/directory/

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Yes! Thanks Charlie! Thank you, as well, Dr. Austin for starting a RT Blog.

I look forward to reading your comments.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Another idea has come into the light and been born... congrats on the novel idea. I look forward to your reading your thoughts and comments.. although, I am from the other side of the border, where I am now completely convinced that RT's have not entirely hit it big in the healthcare system.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home