Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

RT Pirate's M.S. Idea Worth Considering

In response to my post regarding the need for curriculum reform, the RT Pirate suggested that RT should move toward requiring a master's degree as the entry-level credential. This is something to think about. With PTs and speech and hearing moving to a doctorate as their practice degrees, it may be time to consider requiring a master's degree to do RT.

Perhaps it is too early at this time to establish the master's as the entry-level degree but it is not too early for universities preparing RT students with master's degrees to come together to establish curriculum guideliens for the degree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home