Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Remote Lecture for Lambton & WCU Visit

I really enjoyed doing Tuesday’s remote lecture with Vicki DiGiovanni's students at Lambton College in Canada. I gave a PowerPoint presentation on my Reformulated Health Protection/Health Promotion Model. (Which was published in 2011 in the American Journal of Recreation Therapy.)
Wednesday I was on the campus of Western Carolina University interacting with faculty and students. It was wonderful to spend the day with Glenn Kastrinos and Peg Connolly and their RT students. The new building that houses the RT Department is very impressive. I particularly liked the RT lab. But more impressive is the RT program. Peg, Glenn, and Jennifer have developed an excellent curriculum and are attracting students of outstanding quality.

Jerry Kelley accompanied me and helped me to discuss lessons from my book, Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recreational Therapy Students and Practitioners in two of Glenn’s classes. The students really seemed to enjoy hearing Jerry’s comments.

It made me feel very good about our profession to see the splendid program RT program at Western Carolina and to interact with the enthuiastic Lambton students doing my remote lecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home