Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, March 08, 2012

CTRS Opening in Chattanooga

From RT J.C. Emberton:
I recently began working for Parkridge Valley hospital in Chattanooga TN, Child and Adolescent department. I am currently in the process of developing a Recreation Therapy program for this department. I am reaching out to surrounding universities in an effort to make connections with other Recreation Therapists. We currently have an opening in our department for another CTRS, working closely with staff, as well as children, in our Residential Treatment, Acute Adolescent, Sub Acute Adolescent, Acute Latency and Sub Acute Latency programs. I moved to Chattanooga from a short stay in Seymour, Indiana a few months ago. While in Indiana, and for a few years prior, I had been in search of a Recreation Therapy job in that area. It became obvious to me that this was going to be hard to find, due to the amount of CTRS’s with the same goals. Naturally, I thought of the Indiana area as a source of potential employees, when they asked me if I knew of anyone else with a certification. If you know of anyone that may be interested and has the desire and ability to relocate, I hope you keep us in mind!

Our facility is located on 88 acres of woodland, boasting 3 miles of hiking trails, a 32 foot/3 sided climbing tower, low and high elements challenge course, disc golf course, baseball diamond and athletic field. We are an activity based treatment facility in search of a motivated, passionate and dedicated individual to join our team.

I have included the departmental, facility and job posting link. Please feel free to contact me with any interest or further questions. Thank you very much and have a great day.

J.C. Emberton, CTRS
2200 Morris Hill Rd
Chattanooga, TN 37421
(423) 855-3150 – office
(859) 825-8822 - cellular
James.Emberton@HCAhealthcare.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home