RT Position in Baltimore
Staff Recreational Therapist
University Specialty Hospital
Location: Baltimore, MD 21201
Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Health Care
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: Not Specified
Post Date: 7/11/2011
Phone: 410-547-8500 ext 411
Ref ID: USHRecTherapy
Description We currently have an opening for a Recreational Therapist to provide skilled services to patients with various diagnoses ranging from traumatic brain injuries to medically complex general care. At University Specialty Hospital you will have the opportunity on a daily basis to influence your patient’s plan of care and be a primary member of a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
1. A minimum of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in Therapeutic Recreation of Leisure Studies is required.
2. Current certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) is required.
3. Maintains current CPR certification.
4. Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population served on the assigned unit.
5. Effective verbal communication skills are required in order to work with patients and staff successfully.