Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Persons with Disabilities can gain from RT

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 54 million people -- one in five Americans -- have a disability. AAHD has stated: "While people with disabilities are more vulnerable to the development of secondary conditions such as obesity, pain, social isolation and depression, they are underserved by health promotion and physical activity programs."

RT can be a great help to people with disabilities by providing health promotion programs and physical activity programs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home