Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Great Information Online on Physical Activity

Through Disability.gov I discovered a wealth of information on physical activity, including research on the health benefits of physical activity and suggestions on physical activity for persons with disabilities. Also from the site there were a number of web based resources listed.

A place to get started in accessing a lot of valuable information on physical activity is the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services website titled “Be Active Your Way: A Fact Sheet for Adults.” But don’t be mislead if you have interest in children or older adults as the website will provide you with links to all kinds of information on physical activity for any number of populations.

The address to get started is: http://www.health.gov/paguidelines/factSheetAdults.aspx

Once you are on the website there are many links to follow – with lots of information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home