Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, March 28, 2011

How About a Clinical RT Master's Degree?

Earlier today I posted information on the Recreational Therapy Administration master's degree program at East Carolina University. I'm pleased ECU offers this program.

In my mind, a more needed master's degree would be for those who wish to become advanced practitioners in clinical settings. Master clinicians are the RTs who, I believe, really will advance our profession.

Perhaps ECU prepares RTs for advanced clinical practice under their Recreational Therapy Administration program. If they do, this is great. But they need to let us know that they have master's level master clinician prepartion if they do.

At any rate, I would sure like to see universities offer distinct master's degrees in Recreational Therapy Advanced Clinical Practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home