Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, November 01, 2010

Leisure & TBI Research Article from Andy Brown

I recently received an email from Andy Brown -- IU alum and an administrator at the Indianapolis VA Hospital. Andy comes out of an RT background and he has not lost his passion for RT.

I should mention that (no doubt due largely to Andy) Andy’s rehab unit maintains a strong RT program and has one of our top IU graduates working there. The unit also regularly has IU students doing internships.

Andy sent me an article that many RTs may find interesting. I thought I’d pass it along through the RT Blog so RTs may have access to it.

The article is on leisure and TBI and mentions that leisure can play an important part in recovery following TBI. Below is the information on the article:

“Impact of Traumatic Brain Injury on Participation in Leisure Activities,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol. 91(9), 1357 – 1362, September 2010.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home