Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quick Update on Alberta

I must say that I really enjoyed speaking at the 2010 Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association Symposium held in Calgary October 14 - 16. It was a great experience for me and the Alberta RTs were a delightful audience -- extremely sophisticated and very responsive.

When initially contacted to speak, I thought I was being invited to do the Keynote Address. It turns out that I was the only speaker but I was well assisted by four reaction panels that reacted to my readings from my new book, Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recreational Therapy Students and Practitioners. In addition to delivering the Keynote Address, I also presented on my Health Protection/Health Promotion Model and implications of the model for practice.

The attendance at the ATRA Symposium was the largest ever for the event. They had to find extra chairs to accomodate everyone. I think, all in all, the symposium was a highly successful event and I was glad to be a part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home