Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, October 29, 2010

ATRA Board Appears to Fail to Listen

ATRA Past-Presidents have told me that the current ATRA Board disregards their advice. I am sorry that this is the case because the past-presidents have gained a great deal of wisdom from their experiences and have much to share with today's younger, less experienced leaders.

It is apparent to me that the current ATRA Board should consult with the early past-presidents of ATRA and the Founding Members of ATRA to gain insights on how ATRA came about. I believe this would be helpful and if today's board did this they might quickly drop the proposed "model."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home