Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

RTs Don't Seem to Use Eletronic Communications

ATRA maintains a Members' Forum on its website to allow communications among a variety of groups, including educators, ATRA Distinguished Fellows, and past-presidents. Yet these are rarely used.

On April 15, 2010, the ATRA Board of Directors entered into an agreement with Oklahoma State University to establish and maintain a listserv called ATRAnet. This ATRA listserv has been a wonderful addition to ATRA member services. There have been any number of interesting posts made on it. Yet, I think there are only about 150 members who have signed up for ATRAnet. And it is easy to sign up for ATRAnet. Members just have to go to the ATRA website for instructions.

It concerns me that more RTs don't use the Members' Forum or ATRAnet. I wonder why this is?

We have such wonderful communications options open to us today -- and yet they remain under used. To me, this is a shame.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

I couldn't agree more. As Chair-elect of the CAC, I would like to see chapters explore the use of webinars to address CEU needs at the local level, especially when distance is a factor (Montana, Texas, etc). It does seem like the listserv is being used in a fairly regular manner which is great.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home