Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Danny Pettry's Book Project

I recently heard from an IU alum (M.S. in TR) , Danny Pettry. Danny works as a rec therapist in a children's psych hospital in West Virginia. He is attempting to do a book for children that promotes character.

He sent me this message (below) that contains a link to see a video that describes the book and requests a donation that will go toward publishing the book.

I took a look at the video and was impressed. Hope you'll take a look as well. Here is Danny's message:

I’m working on a picture book for children. It promotes character education.

Teaching social skills and empathy awareness are two of my responsibilities as a recreational therapist for children at a psych hospital. I use a lot of teambuilding activities opposed to competitive games, too, because these children are verbally and physically aggressive.

There is a video link for my upcoming picture book. You can share this link with people on your blog or other places.

Here is the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/DannyPettry/announcing-an-amazing-picture-book-that-teaches-ch

Yours truly,

Danny

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

Thanks for posting thi information.

I appreciate it a lot.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home