Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Top Hospitals with RT

I recently posted that the US News announced its ranking of the top hospitals in the United States -- but I wasn’t aware of which hospital offered recreational therapy services.

An internet search revealed the following (in bold print) had RT:

1 Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore (has RT)
2 Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. (has RT)
3 Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
4 Cleveland Clinic (has RT)
5 Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
6 New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
7 University of California, San Francisco Medical Center
8 Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, St. Louis (has RT)
9 Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
10 Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C. (has RT)
11 Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston
12 University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
13 UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
14 University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor

It was interesting to note that three of the top four hospitals had RT. It was also of interest that the NIH and Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center recreation therapy departments often came up on the searches, eventhough their hsopitals didn't appear on the US News list.

Of course, my search may have missed a hospital with RT. If you know of any that I may have missed, please comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home