Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, May 17, 2010

May is Healthy Vision Month

Lighthouse International informs us that May is Healthy Vision Month. During May and into the summer, we need to remember to protect our eyes from the sun.

Lighthouse International has reminded us that in order to maintain our healthy vision, we need to wear protective eyewear at all times when in the sun. Also, choose sunglasses that screen 75 to 90 percent of visible light and block 99 to 100 percent of UV-A and UV-B radiation.

RTs should also remind their clients to wear sunglasses while in the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home