Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Google Search for RTV Videos

After getting a listing for the RTV Videos with a Bing search (see May 11th post), I thought I'd see what came up when I typed in Recreation Therapy Videos on Google.

The third listing in the Google search was for the RTV website provided by the IU Scholar Works Repository -- from which all 23 videos can be directly accessed for streaming.

It seems strange that the first listing from Google is for the RTV Videos listed on Charlie Dixon's TR/RT Directory -- which just links to the IU Scholar Works Repository page. Why Google would list the TR/RT Directory before the IU Scholar Works listing is puzzeling. I really don't understand how the search systems work! It sure isn't logical to me.

In case you want to add it to your list of favorites, the web address for the IU Scholar Works Repository RTV Video page is:
https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/3378

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home