Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, May 07, 2010

New Federal Center for Research on Disability Services

I found this announcement from Disability.gov to be really interesting. Here it is:

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Awards Funds to Establish Center of Excellence in Research on Disability Services, Care Coordination & Integration HHS' Office on Disability has announced the award of over $6 million under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to establish a Center of Excellence in Research on Disability Services, Care Coordination and Integration. The Center will support and conduct research on the effectiveness of systems of care for people with disabilities to improve the health and support services they receive.

I hope ATRA will begin to explore research funding for RT through this new center. It would also be great if at least one Ph.D. prepared RT was appointed to the staff of this new center.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

as always - thanks for posting information.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home