Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Great Strides in RT Accreditation Reported

I just received some interesting news from Professor Thom Skalko of East Carolina University on developments with RT accreditation. Thom informs me that the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)has accepted recreational therapy to be included in its list of allied health programs.CAAHEP also accepted the Committee on Accreditation of Recreational Therapy Education (CARTE)as the accreditation body for RT.

This represents tremendous progress for RT in the area of accreditation of university RT programs. I suppose the next step will be for universities to seek accreditation from CARTE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home