Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

National Therapeutic Recreation Week

Celebrate Therapeutic Recreation! February 1 - 7, 2010, is National Therapeutic Recreation Week in Canada.

I can't help wondering: Why don't we in the USA celebrate TR/RT Week in February with our Canadian colleagues?

When we in the States celebrate during the summer when universities are not in session and many RTs are on vacation -- it seems to me that our friends to the North have it right in celebrating in February.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

Agree.

Wish I would have known about TR week in Feb. Would have celebrated it at our hospital.

We have a board in the main hall at the front entrance of the hospital. Random staff are assigned to decorate it. I've been assigned to March 2010. This is the first time I've had the chance to decorate it. Many people post patient artwork.

Beleive I may post something on Recreational Therapy -- the process, outcomes-based, need for services. We've never had the board to promotes TR in my 7-years.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home