Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Still Wondering About Name Change Vote

I'm still wondering what went on with the ATRA name change vote. Because only about one-forth of the members voted, I have to raise the question as to why so few voted.

Was it because the members just didn't care? I really doubt that there would be such apathy among our membership.

Or was it because ATRA failed to inform the membership of the vote? In thinking about what occurred, I have to believe that the ATRA leadership did not do a good job of providing information to the members on the name change vote.

I doubt that the ATRA leadership will examine what occurred. Too bad for them and the rest of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home