Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Justice Department to Participate in Community Integration Case

From Disability.gov:

The Justice Department has filed a brief as a friend of the court in Marlo M., et al. v. Cansler, et al., a community integration case in federal court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. The government supports the two plaintiffs, individuals with a developmental disability and mental illness, who are seeking to block the state of North Carolina from making major reductions in services offered to them, which could also affect people in similar situations.

I wonder if any RTs in North Carolina are familiar with this case?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home