Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Support for Peg and Ray

I just voiced my personal support on the ATRA Members' Forum for the message provided by Peg Connolly and Ray West. Here is what I posted:

I greatly respect and admire Peg Connolly and Ray West for admitting they made a mistake when initially adopting the use of TR in the name of our association. We have paid dearly for that error over more than 25 years.

As a founding member, past board member, past-president, and Distinguished Fellow of ATRA, I can testify that our profession has suffered for not adopting the use of RT in the name of our professional association. It is time we followed the sage advice of Peg and Ray, as founders and the first presidents of our association, to adopt the name change to ARTA.

David R. Austin
ATRA Founding Member

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home