Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, October 26, 2009

ARTA Vote to be Held On or About December 4th

In a prior post I mentioned that ATRA would be considering a name change to the American Recreational Therapy Association (ARTA). I just received an announcement from ATRA regarding the proposed name change. It reads:

A motion was made from the floor at the Membership Meeting held during the ATRA Annual Conference to change the name of the American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA) to the American Recreational Therapy Association (ARTA).

We are currently in a 60-day discussion period prior to the vote by the Membership which will occur electronically on or about December 4, 2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home