Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Reactions to 6th Edition of TR Processes and Techniques Sought

If you are teaching this fall using the new (6th) edition of Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques I'd be very interested in receiving any reactions to the book and also the Instructor's Guide.

I am particularly interested to learn of reactions to additions to the book. Sections have been added on positive psychology, new intervention techniques, strengths-based assessment, cultural diversity, leadership techniques, group processing (debriefing), and the ICF.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

I picked up a second copy of your 6th edition at the vendor-expo at the ATRA conference. It was reduced price so I couldn't resist not getting it.

I'm going to give my first copy to the library for professionals at work.

I'm going to encourage allied professionals to rent it - to help them get a better idea of TR and what we can do.

Thanks for your new 6th edition.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home