Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Researcher Tindle

I had good luck in finding the research study cited in the Parade article mentioned in the post of a few minutes ago. The research was published in Circulation, Volume 120(8), 25 August 2009, pp 656-662. The title of the article is "Optimism, Cynical Hostility, and Incident Coronary Heart Disease and Mortality in the Women’s Health Initiative."

In locating the article I learned that Dr. Tindle has also conducted studies on guided imagery, mindfulness meditation, and other complementary therapies that may be of interest to RTs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

This sounds interesting to me.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Danny Pettry said...

Martin Seligman's "Learned Optomism" is one of my favorite books.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home