Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Heather Sedletzeck Sends Good News

From Heather J. Sedletzeck, CTRS, comes this good news:

Hey All,

I was reviewing the newest Indiana First Steps program - Personnel Guide that came out in August and noted that Recreational Therapy is now a listed service in the manual! yahoo!!!! It wasn't in there prior to this update so something we have done has been right! I have 5 staff (including myself) certified at this point with more to come. I hear that my competitors who do home based therapy in the state are certifying their staff as well. This is a GREAT gain for Recreational Therapy in this state and will hopefully lead to increased recognition throughout the country in the area of Early Intervention Practice!

Chalk one up for Indiana! ha ha!

Have a great day!!!

Heather provided this link to a website that provides further information:

http://www.eikids.com/in/matrix/docs/pdfs/Early+Intervention+Personnel+Guide+update+FSCT+809.pdf

Heather J. Sedletzeck, CTRS, President
RT Solutions Inc.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

I'm very glad to hear about this.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home