Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

TR Week Needs to be Revised

NCTRC has announced it is promoting National Therapeutic Recreation Week to be held July 12-18, 2009. Now that Canada and the USA share the certification program isn't it time to hold a North American Therapeutic Recreation Week?

And let's move TR Week from the summer to a week during the academic year so universities can promote it with their students.

So next year let's have a North American Therapeutic Recreation Week (or better yet a "North American Recreational Therapy Week") in the fall or spring!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

I have always told my place of employment that it is RT MONTH...I never thought it was fair that PT, OH, SP, nursing, etc have MONTHS so I improvised!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home