Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

GREAT NEWS! RTV Videos Now Streamed

I thought I'd never see this day come! All Recreation Therapy Videos (RTV Videos) will be available throughout the world via streaming.

See for yourself. To view the RTV video "Models of Practice: Health Protection/Health Promotion Model" go to http://purl.dlib.indiana.edu/indl/general/video/VAA9654

I first viewed the video on my computer (which is a few years old) and the quality was okay. I then viewed it on my wife's newer computer that has a big screen and what a difference. The picture and sound were great. So I guess the lesson is that the better the computer the better will be the viewing quality.

I'll have more later on the exciting development of having the RTV Videos (all 23!) available via streaming. But I wanted to tip you off ASAP as to their availability and let you sample what viewing them will be like.

It should be mentioned that none of this would have been possible without the work of the Indiana University Library. The IU Library is responsible for the streaming of the videos. I'll plan to later provide more about the wonderful staff at the IU Library.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

Dave, this is great news and I was anxious to check it out, however, the link you provided seems to be bad (and I did correct for the missing colon after the http)

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home