Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sherilyn Reynolds Retired from MSH

Soon after making the post that this year's Madison RT Workshop had been cancelled, I received an email message from Sherilyn Reynolds, M.S.,CTRS, who informed me that she was retiring from Madison State Hospital and that Friday was her last day.

I am pleased for Sherilyn that she can enjoy her retirement. But she will be greatly missed at Madison State Hospital and by RTs throughout Indiana.

Sherilyn and Judy Gayle (also now retired) were primarily responsible for establishing the Madison RT Workshop years ago. The Workshop has become something that many Hoosier RTs have looked forward to each summer -- as they have attended the Workshop sessions and enjoyed the charm of Madison, Indiana.

By the way, both Sherilyn and Judy are alums of Indiana University having received their master's degrees from IU (through the "M.S. via TV" distance learning program). My congratulations to both Sherilyn and Judy for wonderful careers as RTs. I will miss both of them a great deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home