Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Web Casts on Recreation and Spinal Cord Injuries

The recent NCPAD Newsletter had a news item on the web cast series produced by the Mount Sinai Medical School. I got on the website where, after registering, I was able to watch a web cast on "Exercise, Sports and Recreation" for persons with spinal cord injuries. Interesting information about their recreational participation is presented by a panel of individuals who have spinal cord injuries.

I believe the Mount Sinai web casts could be used by instructors in recreational therapy classes, as well as instructors in inclusive recreation courses.

Here is the information provided in the NCPAD Newsletter. There is a website mentioned if you want to check out the web casts. Here it is:

These web casts shed new perspectives on SCI-related issues including healthy eating and weight management, exercise and sports & recreation, perspectives on intimacy and sexuality after SCI, reinventing yourself after SCI, and more. You are invited to watch as many of the free videos as you want and to share the link with your friends to spread the word on this exciting new web cast series.

Take a brief online survey before viewing at http://event.netbriefings.com/event/mssci/Archives/Reg/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home