Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

PowerPoints for TR Processes and Techniques Book

I just reviewed the set of PowerPoint slides produced by Sagamore Publishing that will be available for instructors using my new textbook Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques (6th edition, 2009, David R. Austin).

I think those educators who use Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques in their coures will really like what Sagamore Publishing has done with the slides. Every Figure and Table in the book is reproduced as a PowerPoint slide. Plus a number of additional PowerPoint slides have been produced to help instructors teach concepts such as writing behavioral objectives, understanding group dynamics, and conducting group processing (e.g., debriefing).

Those instructors using the new 6th edition should contact Sagamore to obtain the complete set of PowerPoint slides that accompany Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques.

The new Instructor's Guide for Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques is in the final phase of development. I would anticipate it will be available to instructors within the next month. I personally believe the Instructor's Guide will be the most complete instructor's guide ever to accompany a TR textbook.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

Hi there Dr. Austin...

I am excited to read your new book. It is on my list of books to buy real soon.

Danny Pettry
www.DannyPettry.Com

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home