Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thanks Charlie Dixon!!

Reading the February issue of the Therapeutic Recreation Directory Newsletter reminded me that we owe Charlie Dixon, M.S., CTRS, so much for all his efforts over many years to provide RTs with information using the web. I know that through its awards program ATRA has recognized Charlie for his wonderful service but I wish ATRA could do even more to bring attention to what Charlie has done for our profession.

If you read this Charlie, please know that your work continues to have a tremendous impact on our profession and that you, as an individual, have made a special contribution that no one else has. You are appreciated Charlie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home