Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, February 16, 2009

ATRA Facebook Page

I received the message that follows from Mary Ann Aquadro via the ATRA Educators listserve:

The ATRA Board is excited to announce that an ATRA Facebook page has been created!! Log into Facebook, go to groups and type in American Therapeutic Recreation Association. There is a hyperlink that says join this group and you are a member.

It's a wonderful informational and networking tool for all clinicians, educators and students involved in our profession. You are all invited to visit the page, join and spread the word to your students. It was created February 13 and is growing fast!!!

There are discussion boards for Students, Treatment Networks, and ATRA Teams. Encourage your students to use these for networking and information. We are looking forward to seeing you and your students on the page!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger cubsfan said...

I am curious to hear from anyone who does not intend to join the ATRA Facebook page why? Is it the technology aspect of something new--such as the whole idea of social networks are unfamiliar? Or is there another reason--such as purposefully choosing not to do one more thing?

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home