Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Best Value Colleges and RT

The Princeton Review just put out its list of the 100 "Best Value Colleges for 2009." The schools were selected based on surveys of administrators and students at 650 public and private colleges.

I was very glad to see several schools with RT/TR professional preparation programs made the list. Among them were my old school, Indiana University -- Bloomington.

Other colleges and universities with RT/TR programs making the top 100 list were: Florida State University (which made the "Top Ten" public colleges list), Cal State Long Beach, and the Univeristy of North Carolina -- Wilmington.

I don't believe I missed a school on the Princeton Review's list that has an RT/TR program but if I did please comment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexis said...

FSU discontinued their RT program a few years back. Although it probably needs some tweaking, you can find a list of programs by states by clicking the map of the U.S. on www.IAmARecreationalTherapist.com.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home