Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Research Announced on the Effect of Arts Program

From Linda Levine Madori comes this announcement that I'd like to pass on to you:

Dear Collegues,
I would like to share with you that Cornell University and Weil Medical College Evaluation Services for Alzheimer's Disease has fully funded the pilot research study entitled "A Pilot Study to Determine the Effect of Therapeutic Thematic Arts Programming (TTAP©) on Cognitive Function in Patient’s Affected by Mild Dementia of the Alzheimer’s type."

The pilot will run for 28 weeks from January 2009 through June, and we hope to secure a NIH grant on the data results. If you are interested in learning more about the TTAP Method and or would like to create a research study from protocols that have been developed please visit my web site at www.levinemadoriphd.com . You will find new video's on the TTAP Method with TR Internship students, TTAP method with Alzheimers Disease and more. The TTAP is a multi-modal approach which can be replicated and therefore is simple to create clinical structured studies. If you are interested in any or all, please don't hesitate to contact me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home