Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Detail on TR Processes and Techniques

I had promised more information on the soon to be published 6th edition of my book, Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques. In this post I'll note another major change.

You may recall that I previously mentioned adding a section on positive psychology in the Theories and Therapies chapter and updating the chapter on facilitation techniques. In addition, I have added a new section to the Leadership chapter. It is on group processing, including debriefing.

The new segment on group processing will be the most extensive treatment of this topic to appear in the RT/TR literature. I believe that the information on group processing that I've presented has the potential to greatly influence practice.

I'll pass along other information on the new, 6th edition of my book in the coming weeks. Sagamore Publishing has said it should be published early in the new year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

Thanks for the update!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home