Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Changes in TR Processes and Techniques Book

A couple of days ago I told you that I am truly excited about the 6th edition of my book, Therapeutic Recreation Processses and Techniques. I also mentioned that I believe it is my best work yet and hope it will make a great contribution to the field.

I've planned to provide more information about the book in posts on the RT Blog. Today I want to briefly mention a couple of the innovations in the new edition to come out this Spring.

One addition that I am very pleased with is that in Chapter Two, Theories and Therapies, I have included an exciting new theoritical perspective for therapeutic recreation, positive psychology. This is the first presentation of positive psychology and its implications for practice in RT to appear in a textbook.

In Chapter Three,Facilitation Techniques, I've includes updated information on a large number of facilitation techniques that should serve as a guide to evidence-based practice. New segments also have been added to Chapter Three on Pilates, laughter yoga, and the use of the Wii video game systems.

I'll share some additional changes that appear in the 6th edition of Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques in future posts. I should mention that Sagamore Publishing continues as the publisher of my book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

I eagerly await these details!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home