Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Lou Powell Retiring

Yesterday I received an email message from Professor Lou Powell, of the University of New Hampshire, in which she informed me that she was retiring at the end of the school year. This hardly seems possible. How can that be? Lou just seems too young to be retiring.

Lou worked with me, at IU, on Project INSPIRE years ago before she completed her doctorate and went on to New Hampshire. She has had a highly successful career at the University of New Hampshire. I'm sure Lou will be missed there and by those across the USA who have gotten to know her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home