Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Fellows Can Now Use FDRT After Their Names

The ATRA Board of Directors has decided that the designation for those who are ATRA Distinguished Fellows should be Fellow Distinguished in Recreational Therapy (FDRT).

This designation does not change the name of the award. It will continue to be the ATRA Distinguished Fellow Award. This decision simply adds a designation for recipients of the Distinguished Fellow Award.

Could this decision be an indication that ATRA is warming to the idea of a name change to ARTA?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home