Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Disability Information Website

The link below is for a quarterly federal E-newsletter that contains many items related to education, physical activity, health, grants, funding webinars,and other disability issues. It is produced by Health and Human Services. You can subscribe at the site.

http://www.disabilityinfo.gov/digov-public/public/DisplayPage.do?parentFolderId=6615#IES

The current issue contains items such as:
Celebrating the ADA's 18th Anniversary
Federal Agency in Focus: National Council on Disability (NCD)
Stop Stimga
Including Individuals with Disabilities in National Service Programs
Special Olympics
Grants and Funding

Check it out -- and perhaps subscribe to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home