Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FAX at Letter for West Virginia

From Charlie Dixon...

Hi Everyone…

Thanks for your support of the issue going on here in West Virginia. As many of you know the WV Dept of Public Health is proposing to change it’s Nursing Home Licensure Rule to exclude TRs from being a person qualified to be an activity director. The deadline to send in a letter of opposition is July 18… that this FRIDAY.

I just found out that we can fax in a letter!!! Call 304-558-2515 today and send them your letter of opposition to this proposed rule.

Even if you are not from WV this rule can have a far reaching effect and set a terrible precedence and can eventually bring about rule changes to your state. Lets stop it here in West Virginia.

Your letter can be short and sweet… just say that you are opposed to the removal of recreation therapist from section 7.8 of the Nursing Home Licensure Rule.

If you want to say more I have attached a copy of a letter drafted by Thomas Skalko. You can use this letter or personalize the letter.

Be sure to do this TODAY… call 304-558-2515.

Thanks!

Charlie Dixon
WVTRA Past President

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home