Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Ideas on TREC II

I recently passed on my thoughts to Tim Passmore on what should happen at TREC II. I told him that we do not need more scholarly papers. What we need is a working conference to produce curriculum standards for our profession.

I told Tim, as someone commented on the RT Blog, we do not need “talk, talk, talk.” We need action that will produce long overdue curriculum reform.

Further, I suggested that there are two documents that can be used as the basis for curriculum decisions – the ATRA revised competency publication that Ray West, Terry Kinney, and Jeff Witman edited (I haven’t seen the final product but it should be ready to be published anytime.) and the NCTRC competency study publication.

I hope that others will send on their ideas on TREC II to Tim. Also, please do comment on this post. It is only by having our voices heard that change will occur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home