Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

RT Students, Douglas College & RT Video

A couple of students from Douglas College in Canada have made comments on the RT Blog. This is great as I really do enjoy hearing from RT students.

Hearing from the students made me curious about Douglas College so I went to their website. What I found there pleased me. First, there is a 15 minute video to interpret RT that was produced by the RT faculty at Douglas. Second, as a subtitle to the curriculum title of "Therapeutic Recreation," was "A Health Promotion Profession" -- which RT certainly is but doesn't promote to the extent I might hope.

If you want to view the RT video or just have a look at the Douglas College website, the address is http://www.douglas.bc.ca/programs/therapeutic-recreation.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home