Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Profs: Heads Up to Laughing & Learning

The June, 2006, issue of APA's Monitor on Psychology contains an interesting article titled "How Laughing Leads to Learning." This quote from Mark Shatz, of Ohio University - Zanesville, captures the essence of the article: "Professors' jobs are to educate, not to entertain. But if humor can make the learning process more enjoyable, then I think everybody benefits as a result."

I'll plan to pass along some of the tips from the article in future posts. There are many good ideas that should find their way into RT classrooms or be used during conference presentations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home